Tuesday 28 May 2019

I read nosleep stories with my favourite creepypasta youtuber's voice


I've been reading creepypastas ever since I first heard of Slenderman and other internet spread creepy stories such as SCPs; they all sparked this unique feeling of uncertainty, a sense of "What if it's true though?". Growing older, I've become a lot more skeptical of their authenticity, to be flat out, they've become far less convincing. Don't get me wrong, the uncertainty is still there, but, not just the same as before; nowadays it takes a really good creepypasta to send shivers up my spine and instigate a surge of goosebumps from head to toe; but the validity of the stories isn't what I want to focus on in this write up, I want to talk about a slight "issue" I've been having recently concerning creepypastas.. I read nosleep stories with my favourite creepypasta youtuber's voice.


Actually.. Not only nosleep stories. You see, getting older I started having fewer hours of free time to really enjoy stories, with the larger work load from university and all; so, for the longest time that was just it, no more creepy bone tingling stories past midnight before sleep. I had almost completely forgotten about the once beloved pastime until one night YouTube recommended me "The Russian Sleep Experiment" by a youtuber named "CreepsMcPasta" seemingly out of the blue.. I was hooked. From that night onwards, listening to CreepsMcPasta's eerily soothing voice read some likely made up stories from the internet became a staple in my bedtime ritual. It's been over 4 years from when I started listening to CreepsMcPasta, I finished Uni and got a pretty decent job, I found myself having more spare time than I have had in a very longtime, I picked up some new hobby's and decided to read more, with that I found myself here, on the nosleep subreddit.

I started reading stories from the subreddit and noticed something very quirky.. I read the stories with CreepsMcPasta's voice; no, I didn't start to sound like him when I spoke, I mean my inner voice started mimicking his voice, funny, I know, I didn't see it as a problem either till I started writing. I started writing a few stories of my own and noticed the same thing, while writing I would think in his voice, this once funny phenomenon now started to freak me out so I stopped writing creepy stories, I didn't mind reading in his voice so my reading didn't stop, I only stopped reading stories after what happened last week. Last week while going through some reports at work, halfway through my inner voice switched to his.. I mean it was understandable when it happened for creepy stories, but now it was getting utterly ridiculous, the voice became irritating and intolerable and I couldn't continue reading with it. I delegated the rest of the report reading to an intern at the office and worked on some number based spreadsheets instead, gladly, the voice didn't follow me. The week passed normally and I had stopped reading creepy stories all together, actually I have been avoiding reading in general altogether, sadly, I heard him again, yesterday.

I was on the bus to work when he said "Don't forget to hand the secretary the document from Richard".. I jumped. Infact, I jumped so erratically that everyone stopped and stared for a second. The thing was, I normally did think to myself about what tasks I would have to carryout, but always in my voice. His voice was all I heard through out the day, when I greeted Shannon and she gave me that forced smile she always did, it was his voice that told me "If you weren't so awkward maybe she'd greet you with more zeal", not mine, or when I went to update my boss about the current situation we were facing in the project and he yelled at me for being incompetent, instead of my voice, it was him that reminded me "Your useless ass only has this job because your dad happens to know the CEO". Every little thing I thought was in his voice. Every single fuck up I did, every little insecurity, he echoed it through my mind as if he was an observer observing me and was disgusted by my very existence. I wake up most mornings with dread, today.. today wasn't different, but instead, he was there to say it all for me, he was there to remind me of my pointless existence, to remind me that noone has or ever will love me, to remind me that I'd be better off using the rifle I bought for hunting on myself, to remind me that I was better off dead; You know.. the one thing I liked most about CreepsMcPasta's voice was always that "What if it's true though?" feeling he made me feel.

2 comments:

  1. Listening to him all through the night has allowed his sarcastic and dark voice, has caused him to subliminally enter your head

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the author is dead tho..

      Delete

Popular Posts